Well, my machine is growing cobwebs at the moment, mainly because just when I hit the business end of my uni subject, work gears up like never before!!!!
a day just for me was scheduled into the groaning calendar
to learn how to sew a dress - a Schoolhouse Tunic to be exact!!
5 girls with Sarah (Emma's mum) lavishly handing out coffees on order, macarons, and serving up lunch DELISH!!
Emma was on call the whole day - she was exhausted, at least she should have been!
maybe as much as me!
This is Emma - one half of the team at TT (she is frantically working on someone's tunic, cos
I she came out of the bathroom with a look on her face as if someone had stolen her toy! I she didn't like it! I she claimed! It just didn't fit right, too puffy all around and made me look like an inflatable beachball!! (you guessed it was me? big sook)
One of the gals, Anne, made one just like this - it looked fantastic!!! Just make sure you get the print up the right way! (we all sighed with relief when Emma noticed the pattern pieces just before cutting!!)
What an invention!! An Overlocker - new toy to me - never seen or used one - not an O.Virg..anymore hehe!
I did happen to choose (at very last minute) a random piece of remmant I bought v.v. cheaply the day before, and thinking it looked sooomething like a light flowy denim, I wanted to use that.
Best laid plans and such.....it was fairly horrible to sew with, and not that nice to wear - kinda scratchy and ugh nylon-y ugh.
Super hard to iron - went all shiney and did not behave.
So wish I had chosen my other stash cottons I took....will be using a light voile next too!
Emma WHIPPED it off me and set to work, determine to make it look decent - bit of tweak here and there and a lowering of the bodice by unpicking seams and whatnots and
here it is. Won't show you the back - back pleat is really unnecessary for me - so next one is definitely going to be worked on to reduce puffy puffy!