Sunday 20 March 2011

Snippets of sewing

I have been working full-time for the last 6 weeks - my hat and my coat is off to any and every parent who is working full-time and looking after the house, the shopping, the cleaning, the notice signing, the homework checkup, the lunchbox making, the washing, the ironing, the general well-being of your little (and big) loved ones....only 2 more days to go and I am a free woman (so to speak).  Little if any sewing has been done, but a rare lazy Sunday afternoon, I cracked out a few needed-to-be-done things:


This is my QAYG block for Abi in NZ, for the Christchurch Quake - Abi has very generously used her time in the Australasian Bee Block Swap (the very last block for this group!) and asked for people to make a block with a red centre and bright surrounds.....this is such an easy and super fun block to make...pulling out fabric scraps willy-nilly from my big bag beside my chair, I just went with the flow and sewed what I found - there's a bit of mini mumu for the centre, some Jennifer Paganelli, some Kaffe, some Sandi Henderson and some Timeless Treasure Cake!!



This is a stripy circle for Ange in the A. Bee also - I absolutely stuffed up her bento box block but Ange was gentle with me and told me that everything would be alright!  At least I could do a stripy circle (even though it has yet to be sewn on a backing piece...(Ange is doing this.....sorry Ange)



Fiddling around with online shops looking for some AMH Little Folks Flannel, I could not find one that had all the range I wanted, when I came across a LQS near me, selling it also....a huge range of just the colours I was looking for; pinks, plum, golds......for a girlfiriend's first baby, a girl, due in June....

the flannel is To. Die. For. Soft.....

I may want to keep it afterall.....

bad Bronnie....


3 comments:

Claire - Matching Pegs said...

The flannels look beautiful - What a find!

When I have worked with flannels I have found they dull the rotary blade quicker than normal.

I have also read that a seam allowance of 1/2" is advisable.

The flannel quilt I made for an elderly friend was washed frequently, and the 1/4" allowance started to fray in some areas, so I think it is probably good advice (which I had not heard when I made it).

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh gorgeous sewing!! Love Posie

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh gorgeous sewing!! Love Posie