Sunday 29 January 2012

Workshop for the spatially challenged

Treehouse Textiles - Schoolhouse Tunic by Sew Liberated workshop - anyone interested?

I am thinking of booking in on Fri 23rd March (the second date) (cos it would make a lovely birthday present for myself hehehe) and am already scouring the net for ideas and pointers and alterations that may work for me.

I love the idea of having someone to ask a million questions over as I nervously cut, pin and sew (and unpick) - are you one of those people too?....If you can do it with one eye closed, while playing the harmonica, don't put your hand up!!!!

I really do want to learn how to make clothes....I'm such a naffy when it comes to sewing 3 dimensional things....can't barely picture how a piece of pattern becomes a thing that wraps around my (ample) torso...

Has anyone made one already?  I am wanting to use a 2m piece of linen-y gauze type fabric, but pattern says 2.2m....can I get away with squeezing it in?

Treehouse Textiles....really lovely website and a really lovely concept for good sewing, good food and good tuition....I'm Excited!!!

[source]

Edit:  I've booked!  Come join me!

1 comment:

Emma Di Stefano said...

Lovely Cathy from Cabbage Quilts Blog sent me your blog post on Treehouse Textiles, I wanted to say thank you. We look forward to you visiting us soon. Emma