Thursday 15 March 2012

hmmmmmmm
Shot Cottons
hmmmmmmmm

Oakshotts from UK - I bought packs of Elements - Water (1/2ms), Fat 1/8 Fire, Fat 1/8 Autumn packs

They didn't jump out at me when I first opened the (beautifully packed) package...
but their shimmery-ness started to shine and shine and shine!





The colours are truly delightful - some have more of the 'shot' look than others - obviously slightly different threads going weft or warp-wise 

Their lauded 'softness' and similarity to Liberty - I don't quite get - no, not as soft as Liberty, definitely not same hand feel - just a little bit (dare I say) rougher than expected, but... a lovely lightness and almost but not quite translucency.
After postage, the cost of the fabric worked out to be aprox $19 per metre - very reasonable in Aussie terms, I think, for this kind of range.

These little babies are in the wash at the moment - not something I do with my fabric, but  I wanted to see how they were, after a little tickle in the gentle washer and just a slight giggly tumble in the warm dryer.

I also didn't want any surprises when sewing and then washing - these babies have a big plan ahead for them!

Edit:  I also bought the Shade Card for Elements - if anyone wants info regarding colour, let me know
(I can certainly bring it along to next meeting at MMQG)

Edit Again:  After a little tickle, I have ironed the little treasures and they are much more silky! 
hmmmmmm
Shot Cottons
hmmmmmmm

3 comments:

Claire - Matching Pegs said...

Jealous!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Stacey said...

My what lovely fabrics you have!!!!

Clair said...

Oh...I looove shot cottons! They sort of shimmer, I am jealous.