Friday 2 December 2011

Never take it for granted

Even though I've hit my 40th decade I consider myself young youthful active capable strong but having an injury occur to me has put me on the back foot immensely. Slipped on staircase sent me into a whole new world of immense pain shock and out of control worry that I had damaged my spine.

A wonderful concoction of Really Strong Drugs allowed the ambos to get me to hospital where the miracle of IV morphine kept me in lala land for awhile. V v thankful that no injury occured except for a very technical and explicit diagnosis of 'a jarring of muscle'

Home in 2 days left me in pain vomiting and frozen in fear of pain for moving til the recliner chair arrived that I've being living in for past 2weeks.

I think I'm getting better. Yesterday was a Black Day for me but today is brighter.

My family have taken such great care of me and so many friends have been so caring that it puts me to shame that I know I don't show the care of others that they have shown to me

Never take your family your friends your health and your stair railing for granted. You need them all !!




10 comments:

Susie said...

Oh Bron - how awful for you but how typical that you use your misfortune to remind the rest of us how lucky we are. I truly hope you come through this soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, that's terrible! Thank goodness you have such supportive family and friends taking care of you. I hope you make a full recovery very soon!

-Holly in California

Anonymous said...

Thats terrible Bronwyn. I hope you are feeling better soon. Wishing you the best recovery xx.

Sarah said...

You poor thing! Rest up and let other people look after you for as long as it takes.

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear about your back, I hope you can get comfortable enough to do some hand sewing! Get well soon.

willywagtail said...

O dear. A very scary post. So glad to hear it was only a muscle.Yes true friends are wonderful. Hoping the agony does last too much longer for you. Hugs Cherrie

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

So sorry to hear about your accident Bron, I hope you heal up very fast. Thinking of you,
Cathy xo

Clair said...

Ouch! You silly duffer. Though I've heard some people will do anything to be carried off by a muscular ambo.....!

Janine said...

gee, you're old!!
me thinks you must still be on meds. best wishes for a speedy recovery

Michelle said...

Sounds bloody awful what's happened! No, never take anything or anyone for granted - and isn't it awful that something like this has to happen before we realise it?

Hope you continue to improve, and that the black days become less frequent. I'll be thinking of you!