Thursday 22 November 2012

Somaly Mam quilt

I feel rather honoured that I have in my house the quilt made through Amitie's fundraiser for 
This foundation's cause - to abolish human trafficing, in particular Cambodia's children sold for sexual slavery - it sickens me even to write that line - spoke deeply to me - it still does and hope for a very long time to come.
 Somaly Mam - a survivor and fantastic example of strength and hope against such evil, needs support financially for the foundation.

Too easy, I thought.

Emailed the silent auction's organiser to place a bid for me on the night (couldn't get there cos of work) - a pay packet's worth is nothing compared to what they need.

Very very happy I won!









A young girl's face is what it is all about - a cherished life, a loved life, a life of hope and happiness.
This is what this quilt means to me.
Thank you Amitie for organising this to be made, thank you to all the people who put a little bit of love and hope into their star(s) and for all those who played a part in putting it together, quilting it, binding and getting to the organisers.
Thank you to Melinda Gillon (Reynolds) from Project Futures who has been lovely in contacting me and sending me the quilt.
Thank you to Somaly Mam and all her difficult work

It is a very uncomfortable topic to think of, let alone talk about or act on, but donating money to help people is just too easy, just too easy!!
Think about giving up a pay packet for one donation;
can you do it ?

The help it could give is a million times the value.




2 comments:

Kat McNally said...

Thanks for letting me know about this important cause, Bronwyn. Congratulations on winning such a gorgeous quilt!
How have you been since Blogtoberfest?
I just wanted to let you know that I’m hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12.

Would be so rapt if you joined us!

There’s a little giveaway too. :-)

Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html

Take care

Kat xxx

Cas said...

how humble :) love it.