Wednesday 3 July 2013

Little squares

Well, my reveal is My Liberty Squares Quilt top is SEWN - a looong time coming - first blogged about them August 2011 - so Yes, nearly 2 years for them to be actually sewn up!!!  Is this usual for you?  It actually has never bothered me that I have plodded along with this one. They have just been quietly sitting there waiting for me to spy them amongst the rabble and pick them, sew a couple of 9 patches and put them away again...bless their little cotton socks!

Had to show you a photo of some of them committing harikari off my design wall - 
Enough they said - sew us up!!!










 From a couple of humble packets of 2.5" squares of all different Liberty fabrics, bought off ebay I think, sewn with Pure Elements in Ivory - a sweet, gentle white, with a fine thread weave not unlike the Liberty.  
A match made in heaven.  


It is a little small - so a bit of a border in white I think - I do have some Liberty 1/2ms for the backing - what fun to have a hunt for those pieces!



2 comments:

Leanne said...

This is so pretty, thank you for the inspiration.

Jeannette Bruce said...

So lovely!!!! One day I'll do something with Liberty prints too.