Sunday 12 December 2010

Whirly Girls are Go!

 Do you remember this little bird I showed you awhile back?


One became many....



Many became a million....


The Whirlys were quilted in a really fun squiggle.....


and covered a child....oops not truly a child....but one who has become a TEENAGERrrrrrrrrrrr!



The back - my all time favourite toile......





On a dull Summer day????... not great lighting for true subject exposure, but you get the drift....



The TEENAGERrrrrrrrrr hiding...


more hiding......


ah got you!.....


no way Mum!......


 ...we are running!!!....



The masterpiece gets dumped on the bed.....typical TEENAGERrrrrrrrr!


Lots of v.v. gorgeous and sweet TEENAGERrrrrrrrrrrrs!


Cake made by moi - chocolate shortcrust pastry filled with choc ganache and covered in very grownup chocolates.....oh my it was good!
I think the recipe is from here (can't quite remember...called the Forest Gump Tart cos 'life is like a box of chocolates'..... loving this range of cookbooks by Valli Little- great photography (not the bare minimum I find Donna Hay photos contain) and yummy yummy stuff - simple but good, easy ingredients and fun! What more could you ask for?

7 comments:

Louise said...

The quilt is nearly as gorgeous as the teenager!! Fantastic job on both counts Bronwyn!!

Lisa said...

OMG! You have a lovely gorgeous and I'm quite sure brillant redhead! And your name is Bronwyn. I just found your blog. My sister and aunt are Bronwen and I have red hair. I think you might be my new best friend! hahaha. Really though . . .fabulous quilt!
Lisa
theredheadedmermaid.blogspot.com

rachelmp said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

wow...............Beautiful

Aunt Spicy said...

Ohhhh, you love JP fabrics as much as I do! Such a gorgeous quilt and a great post!

ARTwendy ... said...

Whirly gigs are so lovely - what a fabulous job! Need to see in person one of these days ... prob mid Jan now ...xxx

Leanne said...

Hi I came via Flickr looking for a fat quarter quilt. Is your whirly gig quilt made from fat quarters and if so is there a pattern for it? I really like your quilt and have just been given a fat 1/4 bundle and am looking for a pattern.