Friday 24 December 2010

Dinos and darlings

 A pressie for a nephew/cousin, made with love by (mostly) DD1 & DD2 and (a little bit ) me - pattern by Melly and Me 'Dilbert'

We tweaked it a little (ie can Never follow a pattern to its end, so we wing it!)
Scales much much bigger than pattern states, cos I don't have teeny tiny fingers to be able to turn such pieces inside out - who does??)

I am actually shocked, yes shocked that the inner piece, when finally sewn together, does produce this 3d shape.

I have no clue when it comes to 3d patterns - that's the best reason why I stick with quilting!!



A tradition much loved and asked for is the building of a gingerbread house!
Totally too much sugar!
Totally unnecessary!
Totally wrong hemispheric inference of snow topped roofs!!

But we don't care!  We all get a side to do:

DD2 long thought over picture - I rather like the sleeting of snow look amid the giant butterflies. The 'less is more' approach is really a good thing!



DD1's side - clever bird feathers and shutters and window boxes:



The completed business:  Love the little map of Australia to the side - not posed I promise!!


A very merry Christmas day to everyone out there - thanks for reading and watching and caring about me and  the silly stuff I make - my heart goes out to you and yours and hope that you feel and know and give Love, the best way you can!




I have a little hole in my heart this Christmas - my darling girl Sabrina was put to sleep on Monday.  She was 16 1/2 years old!! - a fantastic Abyssinian cat with not a mean bone in her body, who loved a cuddle and a head rub more than anything else in the world.  I loved her very much. She will be greatly missed.


4 comments:

Claire - Matching Pegs said...

I'm sorry for your loss Bronwyn.

I hope you have a lovely, joyful Christmas, even if you are somewhat sad.

Best Wishes - Claire

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog. I'm smiling as I see yours... you put so much love into it and it shows! Good job!

To get the next issue of the magazine you can subscribe for free, so they'll send an email telling you when the next issue arrives or you can bookmark the site and check it every month. I'm so happy you liked it. :-)

I hope to see you again at my blog.

Happy 2011!!!

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Bron. Hope you had lots of fun. Lets catch up soon!

Anonymous said...

We miss her too. Such a beautiful old girl, right to the end. From her Gran and Granpa