Saturday 16 February 2008

The Horses


I had the strangest experience driving home from work today - 'The Horses' came on the radio, by Daryl Braithwaite, and I started to cry! This is the song I want played at my funeral. My funeral. Can you believe I was thinking of my own funeral? and crying at the grief of it, of the grief of my family experiencing it. Tears were squirting out the sides of my eyes!

Whew! Thank goodness some tailgaiter on the freeway instantly took me out of my weepy state and into utter annoyance mood!

Ah, hormones; gotta love what they do for a girl!

(Above is a painting I though was a bit ethereal - you know, 'we'll be riding on the horses, yeah, yeah, way up in the clouds, little darling......click here for artist)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am doing this quite a lot these days too