Saturday 17 February 2007

...the ears of my ears... and the eyes of my eyes...

I found this wonderful poem today, on A Bird in the Hand who had taken stunning pictures of the sky, which I forget far too often, and they reminded me of a picture hubbie had taken of a country sky, in north eastern Victoria (Everton, outside of Wangaratta). Mesmerising, as is the following poetry:

i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky; and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday; this is the birth
day of life and love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any-lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginably You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

-e.e. cummings


No comments: