Friday 9 February 2007

Who has a Purple Passion?



A very purple quilt made for our friends who moved from our neighbourhood to Ballarat (country Victoria - about 1 1/2 hrs drive from Melbourne city) Krissie loves purple and when I found out that they (family of 6) were moving, a quilt to say bye but don't forget us was in order. I found some material with birds and then some tulip material, as well as a lovely pattern for waterlillies/tulips , which I really enjoyed making. Machine quilting by Laurene (my quilting lady!) in a great tulip swirl. My only bugbear is that I made it too small!!! When placed on the bed, it looks like it should be bigger, but I think Krissie and Jon like it all the same. My Hubbie loved it too, and I think hints often that he would have liked to keep it! Who would have thought?

No comments: