Monday 20 October 2008

This is.....

This is......my favourite movie:

Well, I do have several, but Top of the Pops is '50 First Dates'.

I first saw this movie by absolute accident. I had organised a get-together with Kinder mums to go see a totally different movie one day; well, no-body but me turned up and then the cinema had cancelled the movie.

What else was there? '50 First Dates'; yeah, never heard of it, but I have the time, why not! Well I had never laughed and cried so much in a public cinema before - I was hooked!

It is not deep and meaningful, not terribly realistic, quite silly but OMG - it makes me laugh out loud every single time I watch it (and I have watched it a lot!) - I laugh all the way through, cry, and sing along with the music, every time.

I love the characters; not just the main ones: Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, but every single one in the whole film! They are all funny, unique, quirky.

The stunning Hawaiian scenery, the 'island' music, and the natural chemistry between the two main actors allows them to play their scenes with such ease and realism.

The most beautiful rendition of a most loved song is 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow'by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Do yourself a favour - and watch it - it won't solve world crises, but it will brighten up your day

I Promise!

Thanks to Hokey for the theme for this week - I too love The Darjeeling Limited! I have thoughts of making a quilt based on this film - all lovely aquas, turquoise, and orange!








No comments: